Friday, July 01, 2005

King of Idiots

One day this week, my 5 year old daughter suddenly asked me "do you know that god is king?' Since I had not heard her talk about this topic nor have I discussed it with her before, I was quite surprised by the sudden question on a topic totally new to her. I asked her what she meant by that. She answered 'do you know when you are poor, have no money and need help, you can ask god for help because he is king?'

I was quite angry when I heard that. What sort of stupid logic is that?

Those who have the benefit of knowing The Story of Ay's Promise which these idiots will never 'believe' in would of course understand why they think that 'god is king' : http://cckplanetblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/story-of-ays-promise.html

I could see that my kid was taken aback by my reaction. To the poor young kid, this was just another 'new' thing she learnt in school - just like everything else! Kids are so young and easily influenced - exactly the reason why idiots like the woman below did what she did - and my kid had just repeated after her verbatim! With voice slightly raised I asked her who said so, and was told that it was the mother of one of her classmates.

My daughter attends a nearby kindergarten run by a church (not my decision). Apparently, sometime during 'school hours' some housewife would come along and 'teach' the kids.

I then told my kid that the woman was bluffing and she should not believe it. And when this 'mother of her classmate' does that again, she should tell her so.

The next evening on my return from work and without my asking, my daughter informed me as a matter of factly that the mother of her classmate came again. Whe asked if she told the woman that she was bluffing, my kid said she dared not do so but did tell her friends that the woman was bluffing!

A similar thing happened to my elder daughter when she was in kindergarten 5 years ago. She came home to ask me if I knew that 'Jesus walks on water' (I didn't know whether to laugh or not. Inside me I was comparing that to the Chinese swordsmen in HK movies that could fly, and the only difference is these idiots believe in the former but not the latter!). That time I went to see her class teacher and told her to stop doing that. She told me that since I objected, they would 'remove' my kid from such classes. I told them to please do so.

Looks like I will have to do the same again. Just so many such idiots out there....

No comments: