Monday, January 03, 2005

We See Them Everywhere .....

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-prisoners3jan03.story

A friend once told me that one key reason he adopted his 'new' religion was because people he knew who follow a particular book 'seem to turn out to be better'. I did not bother to say anything because of the following:

1. there were so many reported cases of paedophile by leaders of his religion. Apparently, 90% of places where such people 'practice' in the US is known to have such cases. Statistically, this cannot be considered normal or acceptable (for e.g. do you find 90% of homes in your neighbourhood where 'leaders' of the homes sexually abuse innocent kids under them?). It was obvious to me that my friend did not 'know' of such people.

2. People like me have met/heard of so much goodness around the world involving people of so many different followings that I see no statistical reason to believe that that particular book is any different from any other sources of human inspiration. The 'criminals' in the above report is one such inspiring example.....

xxx

No comments: