Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Moo Kim Seng & Others

Mom called last night to say that he died yesterday. He must be ninety or so. He was already a retiree when I stayed with them when I was 6 or 7. When mom visited them sometime back he looked alright despite having gone through some surgery. In addition, his wife “Jit Jeh’ is also having difficulty walking and is now chair bound. When I visited him the last Chinese new year, I remembered his daughter, sis Choo, saying that he loved to eat biscuits. Thought of buying him some in the next visit but never had the chance.

When I was in primary 1, the Moos invited me to stay with them during the long school holidays. Moo Kim Seng would bring me along with him to the nearby Ampang lake to fish – that’s where I learnt fishing. And when they needed to buy something from the nearby shops, they will send me to do it but with the instruction to buy myself some titbits with the spare change.

Also, Cousin Yin’s husband died in Taiping recently of cancer. He was in KL for operation to remove the cancer but the doctors did not proceed as they found that the whole body was already ‘infected’. So they just ‘sewed’ him backup and he died soon after. He was bald headed since many years ago and weared a wig in public. I wonder if that was related to the cancer that eventually took his life – may be his diet had something to do with both?

Yin Zhang’s mom is in KL to have her cataract removed.

No comments: